Thursday, March 5, 2009

VICIOUS CIRCLE # 6


“You remind me of my father.”

“There you go again.
What do you mean by saying,
‘I remind you of your father?’”

“Well, you remind me of my father.”

“Now, that’s stupid.
He and I are two totally different persons.”

“Well, you are so like him.”

“Listen. Years ago, someone said,
‘Be careful of women who say,
you remind them of their father.’”

“Well you do."

“Well, I don’t. You’re just being stupid.”

“There you go again.”

“Wait a minute. If you’re so smart,
tell me how I remind you of your father?”

“Well, when he talked, he talked at me.
He kept on saying I was stupid.”

“Well, if you think I’m like your father,
then you are stupid.”

“There you go again - calling me
stupid just like my father."

Silence!

“Well, I never liked my mother
and you remind me of my mother.”


© Andy Costello,
Reflections, 2009

No comments: