Friday, March 6, 2009


TENTH STATION
JESUS IS STRIPPED
OF HIS GARMENTS



LEADER: We adore you, O Christ,
and we praise you.

ALL: Because by your holy cross
you have redeemed the world.

LOOKING AT JESUS

Jesus, you finally arrive at the place of the skull: Calvary. The soldiers strip you of your clothes to prepare you for your execution on the cross. You stand there like a sheep being sheared of its wool. You stand there like a lamb being prepared for the slaughter.

Jesus, you stand there humiliated, completely helpless, like a person who has been abused or raped by another. You stand there silently. Are you also filled with silence within? Are you at the stage of being so weak, that you just want to get all this over with as soon as possible?

10th STATION PRAYER – STRIPPED

Lord, I stand here naked with all my weaknesses showing. I see myself as I really am, stripped of all my defenses.

I stand here today praying for the gift of being so sorry for the way I have treated others, that I won’t treat them that way tomorrow.

No comments: