Friday, March 6, 2009


SEVENTH STATION
JESUS FALLS THE SECOND TIME



LEADER: We adore you, O Christ,
and we praise you.

ALL: Because by your holy cross
you have redeemed the world.

LOOKING AT JESUS

Jesus, you fall again a second time. You crumble down onto the stone street below you. The wood of the cross clumps down on top of you.

Jesus, where are you? What are you thinking about? Are you still wondering, as you did in the garden, why you are being asked to drink this bitter cup of sorrow? Are you saying, “Why me?” Are you asking, “Why does life and death have to go this way?”

Or are you still concerned only about others -- wondering about all these people along the side of the road as you are crawling your way of the cross to Calvary?

7th STATION PRAYER – THE AGAIN

Lord, each time I fall on the way of my cross, help me to rise above myself and become more and more aware of all the gifts you have given me.

Give me courage to drink the chalice you are asking me to drink. Give me the strength to stand up straight once again, take up my cross and follow you.

No comments: