Friday, March 6, 2009


FIFTH STATION
SIMON IS MADE TO HELP
JESUS CARRY THE CROSS


LEADER: We adore you, O Christ,
and we praise you.

ALL: Because by your holy cross
you have redeemed the world.

LOOKING AT JESUS

Jesus, you never wanted to go or do life alone. You always asked for volunteers. Come and see. Come follow me. Come and be free.

Jesus, you needed disciples, friends. You are always pictured with others. It is not good to be alone. You called Peter, Andrew, James and John and so many others to come and follow you.

Here is Simon -- the one who was forced to help you to carry your cross. He is the one who just happened to be there. So often life is just happening to be there when another needs our help. Simon helped you and he is forever remembered in this fifth station of the cross.

5th STATION: PRAYER – THE HELP

Jesus, when I try to do it alone or to go it alone, send me someone to help me - a Simon. Keep on reminding me that it’s not good for any of us to be alone. Help me to learn, not only how to ask for help, but also how to receive help from others as we journey along the way of the cross.

No comments: