Friday, March 6, 2009


ELEVENTH STATION
JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS




LEADER: We adore you, O Christ,
and we praise you.

ALL: Because by your holy cross
you have redeemed the world.

LOOKING AT JESUS

Jesus, you are nailed to a cross. You are held down in place. A man with a hammer slams a nail through your hands and into the wood of the cross. How could anyone do such a horrible thing to another? How could anyone nail another to a cross?

Jesus, you are then lifted up, nailed to a cross, high above the crowd. Your executioners are like fishermen showing a crowd the fish that they have just caught. You hang there cringing, twisting, bleeding. You slowly bleed to death in this horrible method of killing called crucifixion.

11th STATION PRAYER – NAILED

Lord, I look at you nailed to the cross and ask pardon for all the times I have blamed others for the mistakes that I have done myself.

Lord, I look at you lifted high up on the cross. I see you hanging there on the tree of good and evil. I ask you to give me a true knowledge of the good and evil in myself. Unlike Adam and Eve, help me to stop behind blaming others for the sins I have committed.

No comments: