Friday, March 6, 2009


SIXTH STATION
VERONICA WIPES
THE FACE OF JESUS



LEADER: We adore you, O Christ,
and we praise you.

ALL: Because by your holy cross
you have redeemed the world.

LOOKING AT JESUS

Jesus, your face is covered with blood. When cut, the face, the skull, seems to bleed so easily. Your face that looked at so many individuals is now almost blinded by blood. A woman named Veronica steps out of the crowd to help you. She saw your face. Too often we don’t see faces, we see crowds. Veronica took a towel and gently cleaned your face.

Jesus, once more a woman in the crowd reached out to touch you. But this time, power went out from someone else to you. Jesus, once more you experienced the care of a woman who had the courage to step out of a crowd to wash you. This time it was not with hair, but with a towel. This time it was not your feet, but your face. Cleaning your face of blood, Veronica saw your shining face.

6th STATION PRAYER – THE VEIL

Lord, I pause to thank you for each person in my life story who has touched me in a special way – the Veronica’s in my life. I thank you for the unique power that came out of each of them. I thank you for each person who was willing to put aside their veil and step forward to help me.

No comments: