Friday, March 6, 2009


FIRST STATION:
JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH


LEADER: We adore you, O Christ,
and we praise you.

ALL: Because by your holy cross
you have redeemed the world.

LOOKING AT JESUS

Jesus, just when you were getting started, everything ends. Everything goes wrong. Judas betrays you. Peter denies you. Your friends desert you. A crowd yells at you. Pilate, a puppet, whose strings could be pulled by fear or public pressure, sentences you to death in your early 30’s.

Jesus, you are condemned to death in the prime of your life. Unfair! Unjust! Who of us wants to die in our early 30’s? Imagine what might have happened, if you, Jesus, had 30 more years of life to live? Imagine the stories, the parables and the sayings? Imagine the healings?

1st STATION PRAYER – JUDGING OTHERS

Lord, too many times I’m like Pilate. I act as if I am on a balcony, overlooking life. I judge and condemn others without knowing their story.

Then I spend time and energy trying to wash the guilt off my hands because of the times I didn’t make an effort to discover the truth about another. Because of fear, I can be a puppet at times. I allow myself to be manipulated by the gossip or comments or fear of others. I keep on forgetting you came to put fear, judgment and rock throwing to death.

No comments: