Wednesday, September 28, 2022

 September 28,  2022


Reflection



PLAYING HURT


While watching a baseball game on TV,  one of the announcers said, "You never tell reporters you're hurt."

Someone else said, "Cal Ripkin had to have  played hurt many times - in order to have the record for consecutive games played."

I'm sitting here thinking about all this.

In the meanwhile I went to bed earlier than usual, because I could feel a sore throat coming on - and I had the 6:45 Mass in the morning.

I took some sore throat syrup around 3 AM.  It was dated. It had expired two years ago. I needed relief. I didn't want to sleep hurt. It was ugly stuff. I got gobs of stuff roaring in my throat and inner nose.

Ugh.

I woke up needing water at various times.

I got up at 6, showered, got moving.

Still not feeling my best.

Yet I was able to do the Mass and a sermon I pulled together last night.

I went out for a walk. That helped.

I prayed, I played, I hurt.

Another day in the major leagues.


No comments: