Tuesday, September 27, 2022

September 27, 2022


Thought for Today





LISTEN  TO  THIS MUSIC


I am a hole in a flute that the Christ's breath                        moves through - listen to this music.

I am the concert from the movement of every                    creature singing in myriad chords.

And every dancer, their foot I know and lift.                              And every brush and hand, well. that is me                              too, who caresses any canvas or cheek.

How did I become all these things, and beyond                          all things?

It was my destiny, as it is yours.  My poems are                  about out glorious journey.

We are a hole in a flute, a moment in space, that                     the Christ's body can move through and sway

all forms - in and exquisite dance - as the wind in                    a forest.


Hafiz

A Year With Hafiz

translator and adapter, Daniel Ladinsky

January 1st.



No comments: