Saturday, September 3, 2022

September 3, 2022 


Reflection



THE  CRY  FOR  OTHERS


At times it's nice to be alone.

But when we're alone and we don't want to be alone, then we wonder, "Where is everybody?:

When another is supposed to be there and he or she isn't, it's then we sometimes cry.

The baby does it in the crib.

The old do it in the nursing home.

The husband does it when his wife is dying of cancer in the  hospital room and he sees the whole empty future without her before him.

The teenage boy does it when he is dumped by his girl friend.

The cry for others is to respond - to wake up - to reach out - to grow up- to stop drinking too much - to stop overeating - and a hundred other cries.

Why tears?

What do tears produce?

A feel.... I feel like I'm doing something. I'm responding in some way.

I cry. Therefore I am.

I cry. Tears stop you for a moment and you know I'm here.

I cry and you know I exist.

I scream - and I stop traffic and the dance.

I cry and the other starts to think.

I cry. Therefore, you think. 




No comments: