Friday, November 18, 2022

 November 19,  2022


Reflection``



IRELAND


I'm about to take a trip to Ireland.


For starters  - here we're sitting on the tarmac tonight. Aer Lingus - the take off - talking - reading - sleeping - waking up in the morning - to see the green - fields down there - out our airbus windows.


Ireland....


Coming home to the place where I could have been born - if mom and dad stayed there - married there -  like their brother and sister did - over there.


If they stayed there, would there be a me?


Life.  Mystery. Where we come from. Where we are. How we got to be who and where we are from.


Ah sweet mystery of life ....


We're here....


First: the bus ride - looking out the windows - with American eyes - inner sights as well - and the questions - the what if's, the what might have beens ....


Are there answers to what if's - other than the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life."


Are their poems other than,"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...."? No one can take both roads.


Am I asking everybody''s questions? Does everyone wonder about roads - the roads I took and the different roads I never took.


I'm sure these questions are louder and clearer after the death of loved ones - or divorce from broken ones.


Is this the origen of the word, "Interesting" - when it is said long and slow and has a pondering overtone.


Ireland - I'm saying to myself - if I was born here - I'd be speaking Gaelic.  If born here[ would I have become a priest?  If born here, would I be the youngest or would I even be?


I'll find answers to some of my questions as I go down different roads - especially the roads of Galway.


Ooops! I still need to unpack so much.

No comments: