Monday, November 14, 2022

 November 14,  2022

Reflections


LIAM


Two nights ago I was channel hoping on our TV.


I caught a movie called, "Liam."


Never heard of it - nor did I recognize any of the actors in it.


It looked like it was taking place in Northern England in the 1930's.  I'm not sure about that.  I'll have to look it up on Google.


Mass has the priest's back to the people.  Communion is received on the tongue at the altar rail.


Liam is a little boy moving towards his First Communion. This meant: also moving towards his First Confession.


He and some boys are looking at a big heavy enormous art book.  It's kept on a shelf in their classrooms. They spot a painting of two naked women.


Recently he had seen his mom naked by accident. 


The little boy was discovering differences.


The boys teacher - the girls were kept in another room - spots the commotion by the boys with the art book.  


She brings in Father Ryan - a fierce force - to read the riot act to the boys. They have seen him in action - in the pulpit - a roaring fire of words.


Should I try to get this movie and how it on a priests' retreat?




No comments: