Wednesday, October 19, 2022

 October 19,  2022


Reflection



REDEMPTION


I need to sit down and write out my description of "Redemption."


Being a Redemptorist, this would be a good move.


The first step would be to present a gut description - then do some study - and come up with a document.


The Exodus in the second book of the Bible stand first - God saving his people from slavery.


The return from the Exile of the Jews in Babylon would stand second.


To know those 2 major Biblical events: Exodus and Exile would be central.


Next I would jump to the New Testament. I would begin with the Demon Stories - early on in the gospels.   Jesus pulled demons out of people's beings and they would run away like rabbits running of cliffs -  oops they are pigs.


Next I would explore phrases like "being saved " - "being redeemed" - "being freed" - "being released" - "being healed".


Next could come A.A. (Alcoholics Antonymous Stories) - therapy stories - recovery stories.


Redemption has to do with seeing - seeing in a new way - a  better way - with a new vision - new paradigm - a new scenario....


I  would think there is group and individual redemption.


I would think you need to broadcast loud and clear the idea of choice when it comes to redemption - individual and group choice.


That's a bunch of elements in Redemption.


Have I some of the key elements of Redemption in these scriblings?


Can I nail down one word - like path, freedom, release, change (for the better), grace, gift...?


Can I nail down one image - like a bird in a cage being released - a person getting out of prison -climbing out of a crashed car or train or plane - like Harrison Ford in The Fugitive.












No comments: