Tuesday, October 18, 2022

 October 18, 2022


Reflection



QUESTIONS

I HAVE FOR GOD



Mitch Albon has his book about the 5 people we meet after we die.


I really like that book and that format.


Through the years I've found myself saying, "That's one of the questions I have for God after I die."


For example: Mass stipends.


We Catholics - in some churches and parishes take 5 or 10 dollars - and ask that a Mass be said for someone who is sick or having an operation - or for someone who has died.


At some Masses we hear someone say, "The Mass today is for Teresa Smith - deceased."


It can be a wonderful moment for the family of Teresa Smith They got up early and showed up on the anniversary of Teresa's death at a 6:30 A.M. Mass.  Then they go to a diner or a small restaurant and have coffee and donuts together.


I'm aware that collecting money like this was a complaint at the time of the Protestant Reformation - and probably still today.


It puts some money into the books - that takes care of church buildings or the salary of a priest - or for foreign missions.


Well, I want to ask God about stuff like that. Does God hear prayer requests - and do something about them?


What else?


Here is another question. I had a funeral for a man who died at the age of 57. He had Down Syndrome. So I want to ask God, "Did he wake up in heaven - with questions? How does that work? Do we hear from him what he was seeing and experiencing for 57 years.


How does heaven work?


Will we know everything about everyone.  The good stuff -  wonderful. Will we be looking at each other's sins?


What are my other questions?  Like the one's I forgot.


What about the persons I lost track of? What about the people I had a moment with?


And God, tell me your thoughts about why you created the world 5 to 15 billion years ago - and we humans have only begun to think a million or so years ago?




No comments: