Friday, October 21, 2022

 October 21, 2022


Reflection



CAN  ONE  CHANGE?


Once more the question erupts, "Can he change?' "Can she change?" Better: "Can I change?"


Is what you see,  what you're going to get for the rest of a person's life?


And it seems that every time I ask that question about someone else, the question that keeps coming back to me is, "Can I change?"


Is the background, "If I can change, then maybe another can change."


I have to go back and find some research I once had about basic self - and accidental self.


It has something to so with the nuclear self and the accidental self.


We recognize the same person all through one's life - but then again there are things in people that change.


People change size, shape, and hair color.


Wrinkles appear on the basic package in time.


People change in their ability to speak in public.  Get a video of a priest speaking at his first Mass and compare it to him preaching at his 25th Anniversary.


Can I change?


I guess the first step would be to make a long list - and then a short list - of things I would like to look at when it comes to changing.


  • Eating better- more vegetables - less bread
  • Preparing homilies on Monday for the following Sunday.
  • Exercise - more exercise on a regular basis.
  • Listening: a lot more - especially when another's story triggers one of mine - and I think my story is better.
  • Complimenting others.


I suppose that would be a good way to start. Make the list.


The list is primary.


Now, how does one get that list and how do I populate it?


Then comes the challenge: Change! Grow! Repent! Learn! Become a better person!

 




No comments: