Thursday, July 21, 2022

July 21, 2022

Reflection


IT  ALL DEPENDS     


We are so different.

We are so the same.

Sometimes it all depends.

Twins look so much alike - especially identical twins - but slowly - we get to know who's who?

It all depends.

Someone driving down a highway gets a phone call right in the midst of three lanes becoming two. They reach for their phone, so they can say, "I'll call you right back. However, in that split second - so they can look down to reach for their phone - it  was just  enough time to be side swiped at 56 MPH.

Two hundred cars are now backed up for a half-hour. If  someone didn't have a cell phone .... If someone didn't call....

And the domino effect from that one phone call rippled into four thousand different situations.

It all depends.

My parents were in the mood and here I am.

They chose to go to a soccer game 12 years earlier and that's how they met.

It all depends.

I didn't get married - so I didn't produce any children - so somebody from my loins five hundred years  from now won't be jotting down something like this on a Thursday morning. 

Sorry.

Does God think about all this?

I do have choices - and every choice has repercussions - from picking up a phone - choosing to go to this game - driving down this road,

Being the fourth child - and last child - I pinch myself in gratitude.

Thank you mom and dad.

Thank you God.


 


No comments: