Friday, July 22, 2022

 July 22, 2022

Reflection




LIFETIME  MANTRAS


Do people have lifetime mantras?

I was driving with 3 people going to a funeral. One of the 3 said 300 times in a 3 hour trip, "You have no idea."

Was that her lifetime mantra in a lifetime sentence?

Was she always saying to herself: "My husband has not idea how hard I work all day"?

Did she say as a teenager - after getting a B on a paper she had to write in her junior year of high school, "Teacher you have no idea - how much work I put into this paper. So and So got an A and did so little work on her paper."

"It's not fair."  Is that another life mantra - people going through life saying that?

I hear others saying, "I was just wondering." Then they say what they are wondering about.

Or, "Can I ask you a question?"

Or, "How am I doing?"

Or, "Are we there yet?"

Or, "This is crazy."

Or, "I'm out of here."

Or, "Isn't this wonderful?"

"When are they going to get it?"

"Unbelievable."

"Do you hear me?"

"I'm amazed."

"Can you do me a favor?"

"What's happening?'

"I don't get it."

"Listen."

"Thank you."

"I'm sorry."

"We gotta ...."

"I'm tired."

"I'm dead."

I have no idea if people have lifetime mantras - lifetime repeats - lifetime little sayings that they say over and over again. I don't know - but it's something that I think about over and over again.












No comments: