Monday, October 31, 2022

October 31, 2022


Reflection 



QUESTIONS


I went out to dinner last night with a couple whose marriage I did.


During the dinner the guy says, "I have a question...."


Thinking about that this morning, I wondered, "Does everyone have a question?"


Meaning, "Here's a priest.... Here's a chance to ask a question that I've always wanted to ask."


I have questions I'd like to ask the pope, the president, God for that matter.


For example, "Bishop, when you're at the National Bishops' Conference, is there anyone there who raises their hand and ask about asking Rome to change the annulment process - or who's behind this or what have you? Is there time for questions?"


So yes, I guess people sit there in church and something a priest says triggers something else and we have a question.


I think of Clement Jedrzejewski. He was off on the  articulation of one's questions - refining one's questions - getting to all of one's questions.


He was off on saying, "There are no stupid questions - only stupid answers.


So last night someone asked, "What is the Purgatorian Society?  Is it a group of people?"


Jokingly I said, "Yes. And they wear capes."


Questions?   They are hooks.  We use them to go fishing.


No comments: