Monday, July 11, 2022

 July. 11. 2022

ALWAYS  A  CHILD


It seems that Jesus' words. "Unless you be like little children, you won't enter the kingdom of heaven" are well known by lots of people.

And then the adults, the rational ones, say, :Notice he didns't say "childish".

In other words, "Grow up and grow up fast."

And I smile or make a wise crack, because I want to actually remain a child. I want to be childish as well - enjoying life like a child - my whole life long.

I want to always have the feelling of, "I'm still not there. I'm still learning. I'm still growing. I'm still unknowing. I'm still a kid. So don't expect too much seriousness from me."

And I hear people saaya to me of me, "You'll nwver grow up."

And I respond, "I hope not."

And I think the key factor is a fear of arriving and finding oneself a grouch or a ongoing, "Tch Tch Tch!" or dead.

The ripe apple is plucked.

It heads for the knife or teeth or cider or apple juice or to just lie there and rot.

Oh forbidden fruit - on the tree of life - keep growing.

Who wants to hear God say, "Who told you that you could eat from the tree of life? Now you have the wisdom of good and evil. Now you are like one of us.

Who wants that? 

I want to remain a child in this garden of paradise - amen - not yet - wanting to walk with You God - every evening in the cool of the evening.



No comments: