Sunday, July 10, 2022

July 10, 2022

Reflection



AN  EXPERIENCE 

WE WILL NEVER HAVE


There's an experience none of us will ever have.

No matter what we do, no matter where we go, no matter how long we live, none of us will aver have this experience.

Well, what is it?

It's the experience of  experiencing ourselves.

What?

Oh, we think about it at times - especially after a snub or a big time rejection.

And there is this ongoing wonderment about, "How am I doing?" or "How am I coming across?" Or "I wonder what she sees in me." Or "I can't see why he doesn't seem to like me." Or "Something is funny here. I wonder what I did wrong."

It's my experience thatd people are fascinated by any kind of self-knowledge test - A Jung test, the Enneagram Survey, or The FIRO test.

People are often at the edge of wonderment about themselves.

It's obvious. We spend a good bit of many conversations talking about other people - especially those who drive us bananas.  Somewhere along the line we have to wonder, "What are they saying about me behind my back?"

Do people who fall in love, really fall in love with the other person? Or is it a projection - an imaginary shopping bag of stuff - stuff   we have bought about this other person - especially when  they are paying some attention to us?

Well, I guess this is one of life's humiliations.   We can't have it all. We can't be God - three persons in deep knowledge of themselves. 

Oh for a glimpse of the Trinity on a hot August morning.

August 10, 2001


No comments: