Wednesday, October 26, 2022

 OCTOBER 26,  2022

Reflection



WHERE IS  GOD?


He asked, "Where is God?"


He asked a dozen times, "Where is God in all this.  Why doesn't God help me?  Why doesn't God change things? Why doesn't God do something?"


He said, "I prayed."


He said out loud the prayer he says to God every morning.


His chemical unbalance in his brain was a problem.


The psychiatrist said, "There are 100,000 people in the United States who are not helped by drugs."


He smoked.


Anxiety, high anxiety, crossing and uncrossing his legs, itching, lots of itching - all were part of his patterns.


He would make phone calls during our hour together. He would be polite. He'd say, "I'm trying to reach a lawyer.


He would go to a movie.  He would sit there without really seeing it. He would go back and forth to see that movie.  He saw one movie 16 times.


He'd ask, "Where is God in alll this?"


He was out of his job - his own company - on disability.


He was thin and nervous.


He'd say, "I have no reason to live/ Why doesn't God take me?"


He walks 2 hours a day.


I didn't know what to say.


I once said, "God cries!"


But I once also said, "God laughs."


He got a call to go see a kick ball game that night.


He said, "I'm not a spectator."


I asked, "Is God a spectator?"


I mentioned that Jesus healed and helped some cripples. He helped them walk again.


He replied, "But where is God for me, here and now?"


I  remained quiet. I didn't know what to say.


But I sat there and prayed and prayed, "Where are you  God? Where are You? What do you have to say?"


No comments: