Tuesday, October 11, 2022

 October 11, 2022


Reflections


HEART  BEATS


How many heart beats will I have?


Who's counting?


It's an amazing organ - this gift in the chest - in the center of the human body,


Thank You, God! Thank You.


Thank you, mom and dad.  Thank you.


Thank you car drivers, who didn't cause and accident, that could have killed me - by stopping this heart of mine.


I'm 67.  I guess I could add up the number of heart beats a person has on an average day and then multiply that number by 67 and then by 365 and come up with a good number.


Wow!


Life!


That's my  beating heart.


What about the blinks of a lifetime? What about the words I've spoken, the steps I've taken, the meals I've eaten, the times I've fallen asleep?


A lifetime.


Heart beats seem to be the most central. 


Yet the brain can fail - my eyes could go - so too my hearing.


Yet the heart beating still seems the most central activity.


But what about breath?


I  guess I can't forget interconnections.


For starters I still want more heart beats.










No comments: