Saturday, August 6, 2022

 August 6, 2022

Reflection

CONTROL


She said she was getting better with trying to control things - people - everything and everyone.

Change came with having a baby. "I gave up when I realized he is not an adult. He's going to eat  the way he's going to eat. Sometime it's food. Sometimes food becomes a toy to play with. Sometimes food is face cream, shampoo or stuff to throw."

I asked her what it was like to be married and why she married him. I quoted an old quote I once read and that I had mentioned to my niece Margie. "A man marries a woman; a woman marries a project."

Then I added, "When I told that to my niece, she kicked me."

Then realizing what she did, she said, "Sorry!"

I pondered the whole theme or issue of control: Traffic control. God control. Other control. Weather control. Air conditioner control. Babies in church control. Who has the clicker at TV control. Times people show u for meals. When the phone rings control.

I thought about the prayer, "Thy will be done."

I thought about Self Take Personality Tests - and how they show how different people can be.

She brought up the "power" word.

We talked about power and control.

We talked about bending - letting things go - letting things slide - letting go - having a relaxed grip.

How do teachers do it?

How do nurses do it?

How do attendants on airplanes do it?

How do parents do it?

How does God do it? God remains quiet. God learned how to let go a long time ago.

Me? Someday.  We'll see.

No comments: