Wednesday, August 3, 2022

 August 3, 2022



Reflection

PLANE  FLIGHT #1488


It was a long flight from Phoenix to Baltimore. I had gotten on Southwest #1488. We left from John Wayne Airport, Orange County, California. We headed to Phoenix.  We then picked up passengers for Baltimore.

The front bathroom was broken - from Phoenix to Baltimore.  Someone threw something down into the toilet - perhaps diapers - on the short flight from Los Angeles to Phoenix.

The maintenance crew couldn't fix it.

Other than that, oops, someone spilled something onto the food trays. As a result of this second mishap, they didn't serve water, soda, beer, and cheese on this flight. No peanuts either.

It was a chance to look out the windows and see the southwest on Southwest.

All was dry. However, I didn't see the areas where fires were raging. It has been a long drought in Arizona and Sidona. Every news program in California had highlighted the fires.

I bought a Los Angeles Times.  It was only $1.50. Not bad. It's tricky opening and turning  pages on an airplane - especially with a person in the seat next to me - especially from John Wayne to Phoenix.

So I  had a chance to read the Times A1 to the last page.

I also had a chance to look at America - from the plane windows.

I also has a chance to look at my upcoming weekend - flying out on a Friday from a NIH - a National Institute of Health meeting in California - finishing up Phase I of the Clinical Trial for Convergence Insufficiency that I was part of.

I also had a chance to look at my life - at the age of 66 - a priest - a human being - a person who doesn't stop to think enough.

I like to step back  - and fly somewhere - because then when I arrive home - I have a different perspective.

In the meanwhile I still wondered, "Who blocked up the toilet  on this plane? Who was that person?  If they didn't know they did it, they might do it again."




No comments: