Sunday, July 31, 2022

 July 31, 2022


Reflection



YOU HAVE NO IDEA


We were driving  to the funeral of an old nun. We were an interesting mix: three priests and a cook.

As we drove along, the cook, a gal named Maria, said at least dozen times, "You have no idea."

One of the priests - stationed in the rectory where Maria worked - started to kid her about her constant comment, "You have no idea."

I didn't work at that parish - nor did I know Maria - who she was and what she was like - but I began saying inwardly, "I have no idea who she was."

Did Jesus ever say that about his disciples and those he met?

Do married folks think that of their spouse at times?

Do moviegoers have any idea of what went on to make a movie?

Do they ever even think of that question?

I have no idea who the person in the movie ticket booth is.

Same for the toll collector on the Bay Bridge. I don't have E-PASS yet - so I have a 10 second transaction - and say, "Have a good day."

If we talked another 2 seconds - the driver behind us - will get reckless and restless.

I think that because I wonder about what I feel and others feel.

Can we communicate our thoughts and feelings?

I hope so.

Yet there is a whole lifetime of ideas behind every idea.

Every car ride connects us with other car rides.

Every conversation connects us with every other conversation.

No wonder some people say, "You have no idea."





No comments: