Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 8, 2015



COLD


Cold  - like 20 below freezing cold -
can be so silent, so sneaky, so tight.

Cold can creep into every stone,
into every bone in my body.

Cold can grab every outside metal
banister – as I stand there freezing.

Cold can stand there with me on the
top step – as I ring the bell – no answer.

Cold eases the cold as I knock, knock
on the sold front door – but nobody’s home.

Cold rushes with me as I rush home
to get inside and rub into a hot radiator.

Cold – I see myself being so cold when
someone wants me – wants me to open up.

Cold – I am too, too cold – I am so non-Samaritan,
when someone stands at my door and knocks.

Cold – it’s so much harder to be a Christian in the
cold, when I want my comfort and my warmth.

© Andy Costello, Reflection by the Bay, 2015

No comments: