Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 10, 2015


SNOW  IN  FEBRUARY 

Some nights slide in like falling snow,
so quietly – so silently – covering
the ground all around our house.

Later on while standing there looking out
into a white wonderland from my 11:55
P.M. window – I realize this is much of my life –
layer upon layer of falling moments, falling
memories… whatever color memories are: 
white, black, blue, red, bright yellow happenings. 
Life. The winter of my life. But there is Spring.

Then getting under the covers as I drift off
into the wonderland called sleep … moving
into images and dreams – into the mysteries 
of the long night - into the uncontrollable.

Then the realism of the morning alarm,
waking up and looking out my 6:45 A.M.
window – seeing, reading, looking at
poetry, poetry everywhere, a new day.

Then I have the morning rush - shower,
Cheerios, coffee, push some snow off my car, 
then wince my nose, then the pause while
driving,  wondering about the narrow schedule
called February – called getting to March.

© Andy Costello,

Reflections by the Bay, 2015

No comments: