Tuesday, August 7, 2007

PERSONALITY TEST # 5

Looking at the following 10 punctuation marks and signs on a computer keyboard, rate them in order of “Which is more me? Which is less me?” 10 is the most me. 1 is the least me.

? _________
. ___________
, ___________
* ___________
( ) __________
+ ___________
- ___________
! ____________
= ____________
$ ____________

POSSIBLE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT EACH MARK COULD MEANS

?
I like to question things. Raising questions is a great method to get a good education. A question mark is a fishing hook - that can help one find out what's under the surface of the waters.


. I like things in black and white period. If the president, the pope, or the priest says it, that’s it. No ifs, ands or buts.


, I like to pause – hesitate – for a moment knowing and figuring there is more to come – possible ifs, ands and buts.


* Yes, but what I’m saying is not my idea. I got it somewhere else. I want to acknowledge that. We’re all plagiarists. * The idea for this test probably was triggered by Victor Borge [1909-2000], the commedian and piano player, who used to do a musical comedy routine with punctuation marks.


( ) I think real communication happens behind closed doors, in secret, in the back room or during coffee breaks. That’s where one finds out what’s really happening and what's really going on.


+ I’m an optimist. I think adding life experiences like personality tests and various other things into one's lilfe are a plus.


- I’m a pessimist. I think subtraction is better than addition - that less is better than more which just complicates things and gums things up.


! Everything and everyone and every moment of life is exciting.


= All people, all ideas, all places are equal. Everyone and everything and every place has its pluses and minuses.


$ Money is important. It’s not just the root of evil, but is the real bottom line on many decisions.
_________________________________________
_________________________________________

NOW COMES THE REAL TEST

Share your results with those you communicate with. Hear what others think - whether they agree with your responses - and vice versa.

© Andrew Costello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.