Monday, August 22, 2022

 August 22, 2022


Reflection 

I VOTED


I voted today.

I voted for a few persons - whom others said were a good vote.

I didn't vote for those whom others said were a disaster.

If I am not sure of someone, I don't vote for them.

In general, I don't vote for positions - or referendums - or tax things - if I don't understand them - or I don't get the explanations.

There is anonymity with paper ballots. What about computer voting?

Will my odd voting patterns be noticed?

For example, 1,000 voted in our voting place and only 999 votes were cast for 3 different candidates - but 1,000 voted in a senate vote.

To vote ....'I'm glad the whole enterprise is finished. Enough with the placards with names on them. Enough with the TV ads for candidates - especially when it seems to be lots of attacks.

In the votes we take for candidates in our religious community - I ask about guys I don't know. I want to know whom they will want on their team - more than what they will do.

In political voting I'll pick a woman who is or was a school teacher or a nurse more than other career paths. I would hope to gain from their service orientation.

I want to know if a candidate will find out what we want - more than telling us what they want.

Voting: still so much to learn and observe.

No comments: