Friday, July 29, 2022

 July 28, 2022

Reflection


THE WORDS WE SAY


The words we say involve risk.

"I love you!"

"I'm angry at you!"

"Thanks for finding my glasses."

A lady came up to me and said, "That was the best funeral Mass I ever attended. Too many times the priest rattles on with words - and he doesn't seem to mean them."

Now every at Mass from now on, I better be attentive to my words and my actions. Now at every Mass I need to make sure I mean the words I'm saying.

Now will that lady when she goes to Mass compare that moment with other moments and Masses and how they went  - and then will she make going to Masses more difficult for herself?

The words we say involve risk for both the speaker and the person spoken to.

"How are you today?"

"Is anybody sitting here?"

"Can  I join you?"

"The word became flesh and pitched his tent here with us."

Jesus Christ came among us - and then after 30 years of age or so - he began walking and talking and doing with us - and then some folks began planning to kill him.

Words ....

We pick up the Bible and begin reading at our risk.

Danger! Challenges ahead.

"Come follow me."

"Forgive 70 times 7 times."

"Go the extra mile."

"Give that shirt right off your back - especially on cold days."

"Lord, I want to see!"

"Lord, I want to listen."

"Yes!"

"No!"

Words contain risks.

No comments: