Thursday, February 3, 2022

February 3,  2022


2 OR 3

 

I probably should look it up in some Bible
commentary – but then again I probably won’t.

Psalm 62:12 goes like this, “One thing God said
twice I have heard this:  power belongs to God, and
your’s, O Lord, is kindness; and that you repay
everyone according to their deeds.”

I probably should look it up in some Bible
commentary – but then again I probably won’t.
  
Psalm 62:12 goes like this, “One thing God said
twice I have heard this:  power belongs to God and 
you Lord are kind - and you repay everyone 
according to their deeds.

Is that the 2 or 3 things to look at when it comes to
God?
 
1)   Power,
2)   Kindness,
3)   Judgment.

I don’t know.

Yet it’s a powerful text to consider and pray with.
 
I hear your power every day God. Yet I also hear 
your powerlessness.
 
All I know is I’m in a vastly different and totally
lower place than you, God – when it comes to
power.

I can’t control anything – what others say or do or
how this day will go. I can’t even control myself.
 
Help!
 
So yes – you are God. I am not.
 
Yet, You are so powerless too – giving us freedom 
and creating this world with its infinite changes
totally rolling around all day.

Kindness – that’s different.  We both can do that on
– on a daily basis.
 
And judgment?
 
Yes I guess every night, we face judgment – on
what we are and didn’t do today – whether we
exercised or didn’t exercise – and whether we loved
one another – and as a bottom line  we do have the
power to be kind.
 

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2022

 


No comments: