Sunday, January 9, 2022

 January 9, 2022



BILLIONS TO ONE
 
 
When we listen to the Scriptures, when we hear the words,  when we notice the things that happen in the stories, we see people who know God, people who claim God, as their own, personally
 
So we have the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, the God of Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezechiel, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 
Each individual mentioned seems to know, love and serve God individually, personally.
 
Billions of people did this and are doing this – these one to – connecting to God by name relationships.
 
Only God can pull this off.
 
I say this, because when I am with a group, so often I miss so many individuals, because there all these eyes  all around me – all these different personalities – people pumping their egos up – like so many hot air balloons filling the sky.
 
But it seems that God can take us one at a time – to be with each of us – one at a time.
 
I guess a new type of relationship erupts the moment I begin to pair off with God – like a teenager, boy or girl, moving away from the crowd, to begin a possible one to one relationship, with each other – by name.
 
Next can come grown up prayer – a grown up relationship, God and me. Me and God.
 
So the God of Andrew now arrives.  It was there all along as far as God is concerned – but for me, no, not until now.
 
So God, here I am, as I am. Here is your servant.  I’m here to listen to you.
 
I’m here to hear the unique reason You made me – in the unique setting you put me in
 
Here I am, Lord.
 
Here I am, this I am that I am.

 

 

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2022


No comments: