Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April  1,  2020



THE  FOOL


At first I’d be happy to just touch
the fringe of the crowd around him.
But then,  the more he talked, the
more I wanted to talk to him - just him.

I caught him for a one to one chat-
lucky me – just for about ten minutes.
I asked him, “I was wondering where
you get all your wonderful ideas first?”

He said, “Thanks. Well, I guess from folks
like you. I notice faces – and how people
gleam when they wash each other’s feet
or give the thirsty a glass of cold water.”

I see mothers and fathers who make sure
their kids go first and they go last – folks
who die to themselves so others can rise.
I notice people doing love in so many ways.

It seems to me that those who think others
are fools – still haven’t learned that happiness
and the kingdom of heaven is what the fools
learned is the real secret of how to live.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2020

No comments: