Monday, March 30, 2020

March  30,  2020



I  AM  IN   NEED   OF  FAITH


It’s when I realize, I’m me,
simply me – with no titles -
no bragging rights – no nothing –
when life is going right or especially
when life is going wrong - when
disappointment or darkness takes over,
it’s then I hear prayer calls.

It’s then I realize, I’m like Abraham
called to walk by faith,
to take steps -  to make moves
I never thought I could take or make.
It’s then I know I have to make
sacrifices that seem mysterious or impossible,
but I can make them,  because I am.

It’s then, I realize, I’m like Jesus,
called to hear Our Father’s will,
to hear Our Father’s voice.
It seems it’s then I hear
God saying things like,
“I am with you all days
even to the end of the world.”


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2020


No comments: