Sunday, March 29, 2020

March  29,  2020




DOWN  TO  THE  WATER

Most of my life I’ve been blessed
by being near the water. My dad
started us off as kids when he took
us every Sunday afternoon - down
to the Narrows – that neck of water –
that  deep water cut into the New York
Harbor – with Brooklyn and Staten
Island on either side – with Coney
Island at one end – leading out to
the Atlantic – and the Statue of Liberty –
on the back home once again other side.
That was enough for starters for my
consciousness of water. After that
came times in my life I’ve been to
rivers and ravines, lakes and streams,
the Mississippi,  Erie, Oconomowoc,
Canandaigua, the Hudson, Tobyhanna,
the Ohio and  then being on the Danube
as well as the Rio de La Plata  that led us
into Buenos Aires, Argentina, and then
heading south to the bottom of South
America going around the Cape of
Hope and working our way up into
the Pacific Ocean. I’ve been baptized.

 ©  Andy Costello, Reflections 2020


No comments: