Thursday, October 3, 2019

October 3, 2019



WAVES

Non-stop, they keep coming,
wave after wave after wave,
wave after wave after wave,
wave after wave after wave ….

Rolling, rolling, rolling inwards,
Pounding the shore - crashing
onto the beach, wave upon wave,
wave upon wave, wave upon wave ….

Some days the breakers are extraverts;
some days the breakers are introverts.
Sitting on the boardwalk or the beach -
I see the entire shake of planet earth ….

I learn steadiness, I learn limitations,
I learn the unexpected, I learn edges,
I learn spray, I learn sound and fury,
I learn background, I learn horizon ….

I see the moon rise out of the ocean -
in the dark of night. I see the sun rise
up in the light of morning - day after
day, after day, after day, after day ….

I need this. I need this knowing,
the familiar, the forever, the non-stop,
the regular background, the steady,
the knowing each wave is new.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2019


No comments: