Thursday, May 16, 2019


“NICE  HAIR  DO!”

“Your hair looks great!”

After Mass the priest stood there
shaking hands to a couple of hundred
people on their way out of church.

“Have a great week!”

“Why would you root for the Redskins?”

A Redskin jacket triggered that comment.

The priest was a Giant’s fan.

“Interesting glasses….”  He said that
to a tiny little girl - and she said, “Thank you!”

Next day - first thing Monday morning -
he got a call from an old lady, Mrs. Zadinsky:
“I want to thank you for the comment you
made about my hair on the way out of
church yesterday. You’re the only one
who noticed. That meant a lot to me.”

“Oh,” said the priest. “What you just said
means a lot to me. Thank you. By the way
nobody ever makes comments about my hair.”

“Cute,” said, Mrs. Zadinsky. “Cute!”

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2019

No comments: