Monday, May 13, 2019


May    13, 2019 - 


Thought for today: 


“I have heard of certain persons who have been in the habit  of  hearing a favorite minister, and when they go to another place, they say, ‘I cannot hear anybody after my own minister; I shall stay at home and read a sermon.’ Please remember the passage, ‘Not forsaking the assembling of yourselves together, as the manner of some is.’ Let me also entreat you not to be so foolishly partial as to deprive your soul of its food .... If you are not content to learn here a little and there a little, you will soon be half starved, and then you will be glad to get back again to the despised minister and pick up what his field will yield you .... Go and glean where the Lord has opened the gate for you. Why the text alone is worth the journey; do not miss it.”  

Charles Haddon Spurgeon

No comments: