Thursday, June 14, 2018

[This is a visual and an interactive prayer. You just  have to do the following gesture - take two fingers - hold them up -  like a sort of sideways - like a peace sign and point those two fingers towards your eyes when I say the word “optics” - as in asking people to see or to look - and then point those two fingers out at something or someone to be seen - as in Mary officially retiring today - as in cleaning 200,000 toilets and vacuuming 567,853 miles of carpet these 35 years.  Okay and then take your two hands and cup them around your ears - as in gesturing to another -   listen - listen - listen.] So a prayer called, “Optics and Earicks”.





OPTICS AND EARICKS

Lord, remind me -  each day -
to see and to hear
all the good that is happening
all around me.

Lord, give me good optics and good earicks.

Help me to see and to sense whether the other person
is in a good place or a bad place or a so so place today.
Help me to see if they are tight jawed or relaxed,
hands drumming or hands and heart at ease.

Lord, give me good optics and good earicks.

Help me to listen to tones and sounds, hesitations and hurries,
in the other person’s voice - to hear if they are anxious or calm,
nervous or at ease,  so much so that I can  ask by listening,
“Are you okay?” or simply say, “You sound happy today.”

Lord, give me good optics and good earicks.

Help me to see the body language and to hear
the soul sense of those celebrating retirement,
awards, as well as years of service here at St. Mary’s.
Thank You, Lord, for their presence amongst us. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello colleagues, nic ppiece of writing and golod urging
commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.