Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 2, 2017



 NOTIONS

I have notions, assumptions, echoes
about life, about people, about God,
as they move across the floor and wall -
like shadows - in a room - on a February
late afternoon - but like Paul, Christ has
set me free. I’m no longer chained to a wall
in a deep dark cave. I have learned to  know
the difference between shadows and reality.
Okay,  sometimes, I find myself wanting
to return to the fixed security of that cave -
those chains - those dark shadows - to be like
Plato in his rocking chair looking at the walls
of his cave - but Christ - the risen Christ -
the Easter Christ - the fire, the dawn has
dawned. The rock has been rolled back.
The mouth of the cave screams, “Come out.
Come out. Come out! Come follow me!”


© Andy Costello, Reflections  2017

No comments: