Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May 25, 2016

 SLIPPED

Slipped…. It slipped out of my hand.
“Oops!” It fell.  It slid down the
white porcelain ski slope of the sink -  
down into the drain - down into the 
hole at the bottom of the sink -
before I could catch it. Lost forever.

It used to be the tooth paste cap - that
I would drop or it would slip. Now that
I’m taking pills, lots of  pills - taken with
water, at the sink - it’s these tiny little
pills that have become less and less
manageable for a 76 year old hand.

Aging - time flowing down the drain - too
many friends have slipped away, and lately - unfortunately - too many hurtful comments 
are slipping out of my mouth - before I can 
catch them. “Ooops!” -  I’m slipping. I don't want to become a bitter pill in my old age.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2016

No comments: