Friday, May 27, 2016

May 27, 2016


AS IS….

You meet me 
and ask, "How are you?"

I don't know at times....

And you? How are you today?

I come as is….

Good move because
when I try to be 
more
or less 
or different than I am …. 
Well, then - 
you’re not really being
with who I am ….

Me?  I’m just this me who I am. 

Wait a second I’m talking gibberish. 

Let me try to explain. 

Okay. This is me - 
the normal me
and the sort of out of sorts me - 
at times.

And some days I am unable to
to explain who I am that day.

Tomorrow, let me try again 
and then there is always next week?

Okay?  See you then.

Wait, if you ask me,
these comments seem
kind of strange or stupid -
or at least confusing - 
but then again - 
what are you really asking me?

Do you know? Do I know?

Sometimes I just don't know.

How about you?



                                                                   © Andy Costello, Reflections 2016



No comments: