Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 30, 2016


SILENCE FOR A NON-BELIEVER


Silence….

He said, “I’m a non-believer.
I don’t believe in God, nor do
I believe in heaven or hell.”

Silence….

Eventually I said, “If you’re saying
that  - then I believe you must have
been burnt by some hell.”

Silence….

Then I added, “Volunteer
to help in a hospital or a
nursing home or pick up your
grandkids after school.”

Silence….

“Okay climb a mountain
starting in the morning or
walk a beach in the evening.”

Silence....

“Or start gardening and watch
your garden grow. You never
know what might pop up.”

Silence....

“Or perhaps, best case scenario:
some afternoon, drop into a
quiet church and sit in the
semi-darkness. Watch the flicker
of the red candles off to the side.”

Silence….

“Hey, you might be there when
one goes out - and you might
even get up and light one
for yourself. You never know.”

Silence….

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2016


No comments: