Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 26, 2016


WHITER  THAN  SNOW

If we hang around religion long enough we
will have heard the words of Psalm 51: 6-7,
“Wash me until I am whiter than snow.”

Or Isaiah’s 1:18 words, “Come now,
let us talk this over…. Though your
sins are like scarlet, they shall be 
as white as snow, though they be
crimson, they shall be like wool.”

Looking out my window this snowy 
January morning I can see the white
beautiful world. All is covered with snow.
All the potholes and broken front steps
are covered over at least for a moment. 
The optimist in me feels that the world 
and our homes are bright and beautiful
and clean - glistening - this cold morning.

Then the realist, the pessimist, the me
in me thinks:  Covering over - putting 
a white napkin on the spaghetti stain - 
on this beautiful white table cloth is nice - 
for now - but then again - there is always the
underneath, underneath the cloth of snow..

  
© Andy Costello, Reflections 2016

No comments: