Friday, October 2, 2015

October 2, 2015

EARTH GOD

God, sometimes I can see how folks
mixed you up with creation: a storm
from the north causing scare, a mist arising
from the morning earth - a hint of mystery, 
a fire burning - burning down a whole forest -
and we realize - all is out of our control,
the ocean pounding the shore with wave
after wave - then calming down and
lapping the beach with tiny two inch waves -
then moving out to sea - and we scratch
our scalp and say this is all too much for me -
the sun, the moon and the stars - night and
day - mountains, clouds, seasons, change
after change after change, and I’m just
little old me. God, God, God, when I try
to be one with you on a gray rainy day
or an Arizona desert sand, desert tan,
blue cloudless sky day - you seem to hide
from me and it’s then I know I’m still so far
from you and I have a long, long way to go.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2015

No comments: