Thursday, June 4, 2015

June 4, 2015

GOD’S MOUTH

Surprise! God does not have a mouth!

You’re kidding?

No, I’m not.

I  hear God laugh at times
at all the comments people
say God says. This is me now
who's speaking.  I hear God
frustrated - cringe - feel crushed
at all the things we think
God would want to say.

Maybe the solution is to slip
into what someone said of God,
“We are made in the image
and likeness of God.” 

When I hear that,  I hear God 
saying, “Oh my God, are 
you serious? Do they really 
believe that? They got to be
kidding."  

Silence!

And, I hear God laughing 
at all this and saying,
"Ooops I am God 
and I don't have a mouth,
so I couldn't have said that,
but if you want to be 
my image and likeness,
be silent because 
I am silence. Listen." 




© Andy Costello, Reflections 2015

No comments: