Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 3, 2015


GLISTEN

As I cross my morning and evening bridge,
on my way to and from work - sometimes
that water to my right - on my way out - 
and that same water to my left - on my way home - it glistens, it gleams, it screams with liquid light - shaking and shaking - watery 
fabric - and that scene becomes my morning prayer: “Lord, let this day be a day of glisten - that I may see you in the eyes of those with whom I'll meet and work! And I know Lord, 
on the way home after a long day - a day 
I didn’t glisten like I’d love to. Work 
sometimes is too tough - too rough, too much. But -  but, but, Lord, I still have 5 minutes 
to glisten again, before I drive up our 
driveway and open up our door and 
announce to my glistening one,  "Honey,
I’m home! Hello! Hi! Missed you."


© Andy Costello, Reflections, 2015

No comments: