Friday, February 6, 2015

February 6, 2015

WAKE UP!


I met a man – an old man – who said,
“Every morning – when I wake up,
I wiggle my toes – and if they wiggle,
I say to God, “Thank You God
for another day of life.”

He had a great smile on his face
when he told me this wonderful news.

I’ve been doing the same thing ever since.

Why do they close a person’s eyes
when they die? I’ve often wondered why?

Is it because down deep it’s an act of faith
that the inner eye or the so called, “Third Eye”
of the person who has died is now waking from
sleep – wiggling their inner being to a new day.

Do most of us spend most of our life sleep walking
and sleep talking and wiggling our toes without
knowing what we’re doing in the here and now.

We live and breathe and have our being in the
here and now. Wake up! Be born again in
the here and now – each day becoming
more and more ready for resurrection
and new life – in Christ and with all the people
who ever lived – without knowing we are one
with each other – and one with the universe
for ever and ever, Amen!


© Andy Costello. Reflections in the Bay, 2015

No comments: