Friday, January 2, 2015


January 1, 2015



NEW CALENDAR

Who said that New Year's Day,
Christmas, Easter, Pentecost,
Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day
and birthdays have to happen
on set days each year?
Why can’t they happen to us
on days we least expect?
Unexpected Lord,
Lord of the Unexpected,
surprise us this year.
Christmas, Easter, Pentecost us
on days we least expect –
days we rise reborn, gifted, set free,
filling us with thanksgiving.



© Andy Costello, Markings  
Prayer for January 1999

Last year  - 2014 - I put a poem
on my blog for each day
of the year. A few people
said, "Ho hum!" or "So so!"

I did it, but I have to admit,
various poems - upon looking 
back at them  had no grab. 

Then someone  suggested that
I give some of my own
poetic reflections, poems and 
prayers - so that will be
 my goal for 2015.

Some will be old pieces,
some new pieces - depending

upon how much time I have.

No comments: