Saturday, May 10, 2014

WAITING? 
AREN'T WE ALL? 




Poem for Today - May 10, 2014

THE DESERTED CAFÉ

I go there vaguely thinking of a meeting,
Meeting whom I am not sure.

I go there, my heart dry as a hollowed out shell.
Thirst and hunger hang thick in the night.

In the afternoon the sun beats down hard ….
In the afternoon it rains and rains ….

The café is empty. The lamp shadows wait
Through the long nights for someone’s return.

It’s my own fault.
I’ve forgotten the date of the meeting.

Pity for the one returning. Pity for the one who waits
And no one comes.

Life is filled with errors.
Regrets change nothing.

We must grin and bear it.
Make the best of the journey.

In the afternoon the sun beats down hard …
In the afternoon it rains and rains ….

The café is empty, the lamp shadows
Wait a thousand years.

© To Thuy Yen
Translated from
the Vietnamese
by Nguyen Ba Chung
and Kevin Bowen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your site have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to send
you an e-mail. I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested
in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing
it expand over time.

Anonymous said...

Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an e-mail.
I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

Anonymous said...

I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet visitors,
its really really fastidious piece of writing
on building up new blog.